Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dixie 2014 Here we come!!

Woo Hoo! Here we go! Let the fun begin. We have a crazy couple of weeks but it will be GREAT!

First, for our Saturday March 15 practice we are missing a few dancers, and my son has a morning rugby game so I am changing the time from 12-3p.m. Wear your costume and hair (no make-up) and the first few times will be in your costume. Bring a change of clothes for the 3rd and 4th run through (so you don’t get your costumes too sweaty) Bring a snack and a water bottle.  The weather looks great so we can do the 3rd and 4th run through outsideJ

The tentative schedule for comp has been posted on americaonstage.org
Solos start Friday morning at 10a.m. They haven’t posted exact times yet.

Also, I have 15 duet and solos competing. I love practicing the routines with the dancers before, but last year I missed performances while I practiced with other dancers in the hall. So, this year I am asking all dancers to put their “CUT” song on an ipod ( they will receive cut songs today at dance) This way you can practice it without me and I won’t miss any performances. bring your ipods with your cut song to St. George. You may want to bring a little speaker. When you practice make sure you face the same way as the stage you are performing on. Thank you so much, this will alleviate so much stress from me trying to be in 2 places at once.


We will have one final class dress rehearsal Tuesday March 18. Wear your costume and hair to class at your normal class time. Bring on the SUNSHINE! And, an extra bonus I’ll get to see my Dixie College boy, YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers